Introduction to Scrum
Looking for a straight-forward explanation of Scrum and how to use it effectively? Searching for ways to tailor your current processes to effectively support Scrum? During this one-day interactive class, you will explore proven, real-world experiences and techniques implementing Scrum.
What You Will Learn
The learning objectives for this course are:
- List the five values of Scrum and the eight essential Scrum principles.
- Discuss each piece of the Scrum framework, its’ purpose and interaction with the other pieces of the framework.
- Describe the rights, responsibilities and interactions of each role in Scrum-Team Member, Product Owner, ScrumMaster and Stakeholder.
- Discuss with the other participants what Scrum means to you and what it will mean to be a ScrumMaster in your organization.
- Identify the main obstacles to using Scrum and the challenges for sustaining Scrum in your organization.
- Evaluate if Scrum is the right process for you, your team, your project and/or your organization.
- Practice applying ScrumMaster skills and thinking to solve day-to-day issues and challenges.
- Watch Scrum in action as the framework of Scrum will be used to deliver the course material.
- Draw a diagram describing the Scrum framework, highlighting all meetings, roles and artifacts.
- Explain how Innovation Games® can help your team and business achieve better results with Scrum.
Who Should Attend
Any person who is interested in learning more about Scrum or wants to make Scrum work better for their Team or organization, is encouraged to attend. While the focus of the class is for people who want to learn how to leverage the Scrum framework to bring about change, any member of the Team or the organization who is interested in how to use Scrum would find this class useful. Typical attendees in the past have been:
- Functional managers
- Team leads
- Software Engineers / Developers / Architects
- other roles that support product development